Super Smash Con General Costume Rules and Regulations
These guidelines are for all cosplayers attending Super Smash Con but not participating in the Costume Contest. If you are interested in registering for the Costume Contest, please find the rules HERE.
- Acceptable Costumes –
- Remember, Super Smash Con is a celebration of video games, but particularly the woks of Nintendo. All characters from every game ever made are acceptable, but be prepared to explain your inspiration if it’s a particularly obscure one!
- No electrical power connections will be provided. If your costume requires power it must be part of your costume design.
- Costumes should be rated “PG-13” or below.
- INELIGIBLE COSTUMES –
- No glitter, confetti, pyrotechnics, live flame, or smoke generators of any kind are allowed in the Dulles Expo Center. Any costume that “makes a mess” will not be allowed in the Dulles Expo Center.
- Costumes and props must be worn and carried with no risk of injury to people or property.
- All SSC events, will be observed by people of all ages. Excessive blood or gore, overly sexual, or otherwise inappropriate costumes may not be allowed entry, and you may be asked to leave the Dulles Expo Center. It should then go without saying: No Nudity! “No costume is no costume!”
- REMEMBER TO READ OUR WEAPONS POLICY HERE!
- PHOTOGRAPHY – Whether you’re competing in the costume contest or not, there are sure to be plenty of excited attendees who want photos! If you come in costume, wear it proud! Show the world your talent!